Sunday, April 3, 2016

This Reminds Me of a Title (The I won't pretend it's 4/1/16 edition)

Hello again! Sorry, no pictures again this week. Things happened, and I didn't get a chance to. I'll definitely have some up for next week, because I need to add more to what I have up. I have one idea, in particular, that I would have tried today if I hadn't wound up with paint on my hands where makeup would have gone because of the painting at the theater today.

Desert Stages is headed into another show, 9 to 5, and that means another tech week. This Monday to Thursday will be runs to get the last of the bugs out of the show so it can open on Friday. We spent today painting the set for community day, and I got to help set up the lights for the show before that.

I don't have much new to say on makeup, since I didn't get a chance to work on it much. I still hope to figure something out for my kind of cyberpunk idea, though I don't know how well I can work the materials I have into something like that, and I have a couple of other ideas, one for how to make a tendon for certain effects and the other for a zombie nail effect.

Sorry this is so short. I'll try to get a few things up during the week to make up for it. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your cyberpunk idea! With heading into another show, do you help at all with the makeup, or do you mostly stick with set and making sure everything runs smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've more been helping with painting and preparing the set and props and all that. There hasn't really been any need for my kind of makeup.

      Delete
  2. Yeah I'm really excited for that idea too! Were you inspired by anything in particular?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! Mostly,it was things on pinterest and the idea of steampunk, which I've liked for a while.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see your upcoming effects. Good luck with show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are able to do that. Excited to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah...:000 sorry I haven't been following your blog: are tech weeks where you prepare the makeup for everyone doing the show?

    ReplyDelete